Skip to main content

Love and Hate KL

It's a love and hate relationship that I have with good old KL. I grew up in this town, and I say town because I have lived in the big city - New York City. You can't really compare the two, but as I start to feel the cold coming on in the city, I was thinking about my little town....

The Positive first.

I Love KL.


  • Food! Any Malaysian would tell you that.
  • Family and Amazing Friends
  • Large air conditioned Shopping Malls
  • Warm all year round...
  • Easy to Travel! Close to Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia...the list goes on
  • Stylish People & Lifestyles
  • Celebrations & Festivities *Hari Raya, Chinese New Year, Deepavali...
  • Highways

I Hate You.

  • It's just too small. Everyone knows what you're up to, including your nosy relatives.
  • Expensive Groceries! (I love to cook, so this sucks)
  • Thai Food sucks here.....and I love Thai food!
  • Mat Rempit (Sleezy Biker dudes/gangstas) they need their own category.
  • Apparently Bath Tubs are not in every home or apt...
  • Hot & Sticky (weather) all year round.
  • The absolute worst Traffic Jams (worse than LA)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MyBurgerLab Seapark PJ - meets the NYC standard.

The Hangover - nuff said. I have been away from the states only a couple months now, and after feasting on lots of Malaysian staples - I find that I am yearning the simple basic American fare like salads, sandwiches and yes of course the all American classic - burgers and fries. I have been looking high and low in chains, in mamaks and ok, maybe not McDonald's just yet. Thank goodness because I think I have found it. And let me tell you, These guys know it. They know In-and-Out, and they know shake shack. These are the west coast-east coast favorite arguable best spots for burgers in all of the US of A. Of course, I'm a New Yorker so naturally I'm going to favor my Shake Shack! Ok let's get to the meat... MyBurgerLab is really Malaysia's answer to shake shack/In-N-Out) The burger patties/meat is quality premium Australian grass-fed beef, ground in house, clearly all beef and no fillers. For that alone, thank you @myBurgerLab , that's all I have been as

To Blog or Not to Blog...in the digital age.

It's taken me awhile to decide on whether or not to blog. I always thought it would be an easy and natural thing for me to do. I just never had time to do it when I lived in NYC. I was too busy living a fast-paced life with work, friends and events always taking precedence over anything else. I barely went online unless it was for work. I went online on my phone only when I had time to kill, waiting for the train or waiting for a doctor's appointment. I even did some shopping from my phone (I just love my www.Gilt.com fix). I don't think I ever powered up my computer at home. So now, since I have all the time in the world - I thought well, why not blog? I finally have the time to do it right? I realized though that now I'm sharing my thoughts with anyone and everyone. It's personal - it's much harder to do now that I realize that.  I'm going to just take a leap of faith and share myself with everyone...how generous right? Call it therapeutic. Call it moti